Labour-Market-Impact-Assessement-LMIA.jpgCanada is a land of opportunities and people want to work here for a better financial future and career growth. In most scenarios, to legally work in Canada, interested individuals must apply for a work permit from IRCC.

The application for a work permit should be submitted once you have an employment offer or job contract from a Canadian employer. In some instances, if you are accompanying a spouse or partner, you are eligible for an open work permit.

Types of Work Permit You Can Apply For

1. Open Work Permit

An open work permit allows an individual to work for any employer in Canada. An open work permit may be occupation restricted in certain circumstances, such as caregivers.

2. Employer-specific Work Permit

An employer-specific work permit allows you to work only according to the conditions mentioned on your work permit that generally includes:

  • Name of the employer you work for,
  • How long you can work, and
  • Location where you can work

3. Post Graduate Work Permit

A post-graduation work permit (PGWP) gives you permission to remain in Canada and work full time for up to three years after you graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution. The length of the work permit depends on the length of your program. You do not require a job offer to apply and do not need to work in a specific field.

To be eligible for a PGWP, you must have:

  • Completed a full-time program of study of at least eight months and led to a degree, diploma or certificate.
  • Applied within 90 days after successful completion of your program of study AND must have a valid study permit at the time of application.

Contact Us To Schedule A Consultation!