Visitor VisaIf you are a Canadian permanent resident or citizen and have family members and relatives who want to immigrate to Canada, you may be able to help them become a permanent resident.

Family sponsorship is an immigration program through which your family members and relatives can live, work, and study in Canada by becoming permanent residents. It provides a route for spouses, partners, children, parents, grandparents, and in certain cases, other relatives to move and settle in Canada.

Your application must include the sponsorship undertaking and the sponsorship agreement as well as all other required documents.

Sponsorship Programs You Can Apply For

Being a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you may sponsor a relative under the following categories:

  • Spousal Sponsorship (includes common-law and conjugal partners)
  • Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship
  • Sponsor Close Relatives

All 3 sponsorship programs have certain minimum eligibility requirements.

Key Sponsor Requirements:

  • Must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
  • Must be at least be 18 years old.
  • Must meet certain financial requirements (except spousal sponsorship)
  • Must not have defaulted in the previous sponsorship.
  • Must sign an undertaking of financial assistance for a particular period.
  • Must not be receiving any social assistance unless you have a disability.
  • There may be other requirements
1 Step 1

If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and have a spouse (or common-law partner), who is not a Canadian citizen or PR, you can sponsor him or her to become a Canadian PR and subsequently become Canadian citizen.

Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship

The Canadian government allows its citizens and permanent residents to welcome their parents and grandparents to come and stay with them. Sponsored parents and grandparents become permanent residents of Canada, with all the benefits that come with it.

Sponsor Close Relatives

You can also sponsor your close relatives like your nephews/nieces, sisters/brothers, or granddaughters/grandsons (and other relatives in certain circumstances). You can be eligible to sponsor close relatives only if they:

  • have been orphaned
  • are not 18 years of age yet
  • do not have any spouse, conjugal partner, or any common-law partner

Call Us To Schedule A Consultation!